Its tough finding your feet when you have arrived to a new place with new people, remember it takes time and there are some really great ways to start getting to know the area and fun ways of getting to know new people.
We love living in Cornwall and hope you are all enjoying your time too. To help you make the most of your first term in the wild south-west, members of the Halls and Accommodation team have listed some of their favourite things to do in their spare time during Autumn and Winter.
- Cosy fish & chips and a drink at “The Front” pub in the harbour in Falmouth (via Harbour Lights)
- Fireworks night at Falmouth Cricket Club on 5th November
- Wrapping up warm and walking the coast path from Gyllyngvase Beach, Falmouth to Maenporth Beach. http://www.falmouth.co.uk/see-and-do/walking
- Coffee and Cake in a hidden cubby hole in Good Vibes Café, Killigrew Street Falmouth
- Hiring bikes from Explore Cycle hire, Penryn (located in industrial estate below Penryn Campus) 10% discount for students. The local reservoirs (College and Argyll) are a great route for cyclists wanting to get out and about from Penryn.
- Surf Lessons with Porthtowan Surf School who can collect from the campus and provide boards and wetsuits.
There are also plenty of things going on at both campuses and a great way of getting to know more people would be to join a club/society through the FXU, you can find more info on www.fxu.org.uk or by popping in to see them.
If we can do anything to improve your stay with us or you wish to discuss any issues you may be experiencing, please let a member of the Accommodation Services Team know and we will do our best to put a smile back on your face.
Contact details are available on our website.